Alone, I Run…

9:26 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
by Justin Raj K.

Alone I run…
Through the darkest woods,
With fire on my head,
And, pain in my heart.

Alone, I run…
Through the thorny marshes,
Tears rolling down my cheeks,
And, blending with my sweat.

Alone, I run…
Through the lap of savage sun,
With parched throat
And, paining limbs.

Alone, I run…
Through the herd of beasts of darkness,
Holding up my head unwavering,
To show them-I'm younger, stronger and faster.

No one ahead, no one behind;
No water stops, no stone hinges;
Just blood-thirsty beasts all around,
Rounding for pouncing on me.

I can't retire, I can't relax;
Hunted I'm, if I retreat;
Sissy I'm, if I lose courage;
Dead I'm, if I yield.

Alone, I run…fearlessly,
Through the darkest woods,
With vibrant dreams in my head,
And, dynamic hope in my heart.

0 comments: